Tuesday, July 7, 2009

5 Summer Tips for Your Business

When people find out that I'm from California, they ask, "Where's your tan?"

I don't go to the beach, even though it's only a few miles away. If my pale skin is exposed to the sun, it burns. My skin turns bright red instead of a golden tan, hardly the look of a California girl.

I'm getting ready for summer by dusting off my patio furniture, taking out the barbeque grill and doing my workouts to get my body in shape.

Since summer may be a slower time for some businesses, I wanted to give you my top 5 summer tips.
  1. Announce Holiday Themed Specials

    Independence is so precious to us as Americans that "Liberty" is written on all of our coins. Have a Fourth of July Special. Yeah, I know, we see Independence Day Sales all the time. It's because they work.

    You might want to go for the less-celebrated holidays to make your promotions stand out. Everyone knows about the 4th of July, but not everyone knows about Flag Day on June 14. For holiday calendars.
  2. Do Birthday and Life Event Marketing

    Is your birthday coming up soon? Are your family members, friends or staff having a birthday? Then it's time to celebrate. The "It's my birthday, but you get the gifts" promotion always takes the cake (Sorry, I couldn't help myself).

    I recently saw a brilliant post card from a business owner who just had a baby. His special offer was in honor of his new son, who he was holding in the photo. Do you have a new baby, new pet, summer house guests, new marriages in the family, or kids who are graduating? Business is getting more personal, so announce these life-changing events to your customers and reap the rewards.
  3. Hire Extra Help

    In summer, there are plenty of students and young people who want to learn business and would make great additions to your team. Tap into this great pool of talent.
  4. Revolutionize Your Business Plan

    Chart the course of your business for the next half of the year. Analyze what has worked for you and what you need to change to pump up your business success.
  5. Have a Party

    You can have a networking mixer or an educational seminar. Even though it's a business event, make it fun. Decorate the space, play games and give away prizes. Encourage people to network and learn more about your company.

Go with these proven strategies and add some fireworks to your business.

No comments: